The Pennsylvania National Guard Associations (PNGAS) officially deemed Shippensburg University a Guard Friendly School.
PNGAS is a state-wide organization seeking to support and protect the interests of national guardsmen, their families, and veterans. PNGAS also carries significant influence in business and community groups, as well as in state government affairs.
Chuck Payne, Coordinator of Veterans Affairs and Nontraditional Students, participates in a monthly forum with PNGAS representatives and other institutions. After learning about the Guard Friendly initiative, he felt Ship easily met the qualifications and decided to submit an application on the school’s behalf.
Payne stated at receiving certification, “I am delighted that Shippensburg University has been designated as a Guard Friendly school, which is a noteworthy honor. This designation represents a further indicator of the university’s commitment to all veteran students and their families.”
Payne also mentioned only three other universities received the Guard Friendly designation last year. He therefore understood the certification would reap many benefits for Ship as an institution.
From a marketing standpoint, the certification develops an organization’s brand to receive special attention from the Guard community, along with other institutions and businesses across Pennsylvania.
Ultimately, becoming a Guard Friendly School means Shippensburg University is officially designated a place where Guardsmen are most welcomed and valued.
Shippensburg University has recently earned a wide array of accolades, including:
- US News & World Report (Regional Universities North 2021)
- Top Public Schools
- Best College for Veterans
- Best Value Schools
- Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans
- Best Online MBA Programs
- Best Degrees in Finance by Study.com (Grove College, 2021)
- Best Business Schools by The Princeton Review (Grove College, 2021)
- PNGAS Guard Friendly School 2021
- Top ranked school for supply chain management, human resources management and finance by Study.com (2020)
- First-gen Forward Institution by the Center for First-generation Student Success
- College of Distinction for Business, Education and Engineering.
- College of Distinction for Career Development, Equity and Inclusion, and Military Support
- Top Master’s in Science Education program by Intelligent.com
- Leading Financial Planning School, by Financial Planning