The John L. Grove College of Business’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) program was named 2021 Best Online MBA Program by FORTUNE magazine. The ranking comes from the magazines newly launched FORTUNE Education, created to help readers develop skills and advance in their careers.
To formulate the ranking list, FORTUNE looked at over 200 online MBA programs, compiling data and scoring from multiple sources, including the FORTUNE 100 Score, which “considers business school alumni placement in the C-Suites of the biggest companies in the U.S.
FORTUNE CEO Alan Murray explained the importance of highlighting online MBA programs as the world continues to endure the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
“The speed of technological change—already head-spinningly fast—accelerated even more, underscoring the urgent need for programs that help workers acquire new skills to keep up with change. And second, digital access to everything expanded, making online education the dominant mode for lifelong learning,” said Murray.
Ship’s online MBA, offered in the AACSB-accredited College of Business, is designed to prepare graduates to compete in today’s global economy. The program is delivered by high-qualified faculty in accelerated eight-week sessions, creating an affordable, quality and convenient experience for students.
“We are very pleased to be included as a top 100 program in Fortune magazine’s first ever ranking of online MBA programs. The online MBA at Shippensburg University is nearing its 10th anniversary and has clearly established itself as the go-to option for those who are looking for high quality, affordable, convenient and extremely flexible graduate business education in our region and beyond,” said Dr. Robert Stephens, associate professor of management and director of the MBA Program.
When factoring in cost per credit, Ship ranks 26 in the nation on the list.
Shippensburg University’s 2021 Rankings include:
- US News & World Report (Regional Universities North)
- #25 Top Public Schools
- Best Value Schools
- Best Online MBA Programs
- Best College for Veterans
- Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans
- Top Guard Friendly School by The Pennsylvania National Guard Associations (PNGAS)
- Study.com Nationally Top-Ranked Schools (Grove College)
- #2 Supply Chain Management
- #5 Marketing
- #23 Finance
- #12 Business
- Best Business Schools by The Princeton Review (Grove College)
- FORTUNE Magazine Best Online MBA Program
Prior Rankings Include:
- First-gen Forward Institution by the Center for First-generation Student Success
- College of Distinction for Business, Education and Engineering.
- College of Distinction for Career Development, Equity and Inclusion, and Military Support
- Top Master’s in Science Education program by Intelligent.com
- Leading Financial Planning School, by Financial Planning