Spring Break 2022
Following months of increased cases, COVID-19 positivity rates and hospitalizations continue to trend downward not only in our area, but across the country. Though this is good news, there is still work to be done. As we are quickly approaching spring break, we ask that employees remain vigilant and continue following protocols to ensure the safety and well-being of our campus community through the end of the semester.
Continue Doing Your Part
We ask that all employees continue to closely monitor their health throughout spring break and strongly encourage continued testing for COVID-19.
- Please seek immediate medical care and testing if you are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
- If you test positive or have been in close contact with a confirmed case, do not return to campus, contact your healthcare provider, and notify the COVID Office (email@example.com).
- Follow-up information will be sent to your university e-mail address. Please check your e-mail often, as changes in CDC Guidance may affect required protocols and communication of information.
Did you Know?Rapid at-home COVID-19 test kits are essential in protecting against COVID-19 outbreaks. When following the instructions, they are easy-to-use and provide quick results. Employees have different options for ordering free at-home COVID-19 test kits which can shipped directly to your home:
- Government supplied test via USPS home deliverywww.covidtests.gov to order. Every home in the U.S. is eligible to order four (4) free at-home COVID-19 tests. The tests are completely free, and usually ship in 7-12 days. Visit
- Highmark MembersExpress Scripts® Pharmacy, or through their own preferred network pharmacy with no out-of-pocket costs. Please visit Highmark Over-the-Counter Test Reimbursement or contact Highmark customer service at 888-745-3212 for more information. Please note, depending on the area where you live, supplies may be limited, and approved tests may not be available at all retail pharmacy locations. Highmark members can order tests through
Quarantine and Isolation
University guidelines regarding quarantine and isolation are in place through the end of the spring semester and employees who are advised to quarantine or isolate must follow all university guidelines. It is the employee’s responsibility to notify their supervisor of a positive test result, or confirmation of close contact with someone with COVID-19. Because quarantine and Isolation protocols differ amongst vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, employees are encouraged to provide proof of their vaccination record in person or upload a copy via e-mail to Human Resources (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Vaccines remain the best tool to fight against severe illness and hospitalization, and the emergence of new variants. If you are not vaccinated against COVID-19, we strongly encourage you to participate in one of the upcoming vaccination clinics.
Schedule my COVID-19 Vaccination today! If you are unavailable to attend upcoming clinics, additional information can be found by searching vaccines.gov, texting your ZIP code to 438829, or by calling 1-800-232-0233 to find a vaccination location near you.
Masking is required indoors at all times by all Shippensburg University students, employees and visitors. Important reminders regarding mask usage on campus:
- Following updated CDC Masking Guidance, employees are encouraged to wear disposable surgical (procedure) masks, N95 masks, or KN95 masks.
- Disposable surgical masks are available at Masking Stations located throughout campus, including Lehman Library, Reisner Dining Hall, the CUB information desk, ShipRec, and by contacting the COVID Office.
Know your Surroundings
To learn more about current rates in your community, use the COVID Data Tracker. If your community has a high number of COVID-19 cases or a low number of fully vaccinated people, please consider choosing alternative activities.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the University COVID Office at (717)477-1007, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
The COVID Office