Shippensburg University’s Charles H. Diller Jr. Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership and Innovation hosted a “ShipTank” competition for entrepreneurial-minded students on February 26, 2020.
Six individuals were selected to compete in the event after an application and interview process. Each gave three-minute pitches, and then answered questions from the panel of judges and the audience.
“The center and this competition are resources for students in all majors and departments as they take the first steps in starting a business. Events like this give students the courage to act on a business idea,” said Rebecca Gardner, assistant director of entrepreneurship and business outreach.
The center hosts additional events throughout the semester for all students to network with and learn from professionals in the community.
ShipTank Winners and prizes:
- First place – $500 – Sarah Berg, sophomore accounting major
- Second place – $300 – Jiciana Knight, senior management major
- Third place – $200 – Chris Lehman, junior civil engineering major
- Fourth place – $100 – Michael Hildebrand, junior management major
- Fifth place – $50 – Kendal Clewell, junior accounting major