SHIPPENSBURG, Pennsylvania: — Colleges of Distinction advocates for schools whose undergraduate experiences are grounded in a philosophy of well-rounded, individualized engagement. Shippensburg University has excelled at having students graduate and enter the workforce with solid, well-developed critical thinking skills as well as the ability to adapt in an ever-changing society.
Now, more than ever, it’s important for those entering the job market to have the kind of experiential education offered in the Business, Education and Engineering programs at Shippensburg University.
Already honored as a College of Distinction for its high-impact approach to education, Shippensburg University has received specialized recognition in Business, Education and Engineering. These additional accolades were borne out of a need for college curricula that are comprehensive not only in course material, but also in practical- and soft-skills development. Shippensburg University has met these needs with a blend of liberal arts education, program-specific training, and abundant opportunities for real-world application.
“We complete a thorough review of the programs before granting the honors,” said Tyson Schritter, Chief Operating Officer for Colleges of Distinction. “We’re looking for qualities such as accreditation, breadth of program, advising and mentoring, integration of career services, and successful outcomes for students. It’s wonderful to see how Shippensburg University really exemplifies these qualities.”
Business: Globalization and the intricacies of modern business operations require effective communication and apt problem-solving strategies.
Education: Shippensburg University is proud to graduate future educators who are not only knowledgeable, but also efficient mentors who provide empathetic support and novel teaching methods. Shippensburg University’s programs keep their future leaders adaptable as they grow alongside their industry.
Engineering: The Engineering Badge honors Shippensburg University for its programs. Students in these programs are guided to take their creativity into their own hands, innovating and evolving as quickly as the technological landscape in which they study. It’s a unique approach to education that helps students work toward a better future.
To view Shippensburg University’s profile or to find more information about the services and experiences it offers, visit CollegesofDistinction.com.
About Colleges of Distinction: Now in its 20th year, Colleges of Distinction is committed to honoring schools throughout the U.S. for true excellence in higher education. The member schools within the Colleges of Distinction consortium distinguish themselves through their dedicated focus on the undergraduate experience. For more information, visit CollegesofDistinction.com.
Shippensburg University has recently earned a wide array of accolades, including:
- US News & World Report (Regional Universities North 2021)
- Top Public Schools
- Best College for Veterans
- Best Value Schools
- Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans
- Best Online MBA Programs
- Best Degrees in Finance by Study.com (Grove College, 2021)
- Best Business Schools by The Princeton Review (Grove College, 2021)
- PNGAS Guard Friendly School 2021
- Top ranked school for supply chain management, human resources management and finance by Study.com (2020)
- First-gen Forward Institution by the Center for First-generation Student Success
- College of Distinction for Business, Education and Engineering.
- College of Distinction for Career Development, Equity and Inclusion, and Military Support
- Top Master’s in Science Education program by Intelligent.com
- Leading Financial Planning School, by Financial Planning