Beginning Monday, September 12, 2022, the SU Department of Public Safety (DPS) will conduct evacuation drills in all academic and administrative buildings. Your responsibility begins with an understanding of your building layout, which ensures all occupants are able to safely evacuate through the nearest egress route(s). If applicable during an evacuation, check areas of refuge and notify SUPD/Fire/EMS of any person(s) needing assistance during an evacuation.
To minimize class disruption, the majority of the scheduled drills will be held during the final five minutes of class periods.
Upon sounding of a fire alarm, all building occupants (students, faculty, and staff) are to evacuate the building as quickly as possible following the procedures listed below:
- If time and conditions permit, occupants should close all doors and windows (do not lock doors, unless for security purposes).
- Use the nearest available exit. Exits may not be ones you are used to using on a daily basis. All participants are responsible for familiarizing themselves with their nearest exit prior to drill. You may be contacted if occupants have questions regarding building exits.
- When on floors above ground level, always use stairways to exit the building (DO NOT USE ELEVATORS).
- DO NOT congregate around exterior doors, or on sidewalks and roadways.
- Do not re‑enter the building under any circumstances, even if the alarm has ceased ringing, until directed to do so by University Police or first responders.
- Individuals with disabilities should be directed to the nearest stair tower until after the drill is over.
Building Coordinators, faculty, and supervisory personnel are responsible for enforcing these procedures. In addition, they should make a cursory examination of the building and its accessible areas (e.g., in classrooms, labs, offices, restrooms, etc.) to ensure that all persons have been evacuated safely.
Enclosed is the schedule of fire drills for all academic and administrative buildings for the fall semester. Exact times have been omitted to ensure an element of surprise. Please make this information available to all employees.
All schedules are final, please plan accordingly to ensure minimal classroom disruptions.
ACADEMIC AND ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDINGS
FIRE DRILL SCHEDULE
|Reisner Dining Hall
|Kriner Dining Hall
|Dauphin Humanities Center
|Heiges Field House
|Ceddia Union Building
|Franklin Science Center
|Seth Grove Stadium
|Huber Art Center
|Reed Operations Center
|Math & Computer Technology
|Performing Arts Center
|Student Rec Building
|Hoffman Mills Warehouse
AM – BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 8:00 AM AND 12:00 PM
PM – BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 12:00 PM AND 4:00 PM