On May 29, 2020, Governor Wolf signed into law legislation (House Bill 2510) allocating the commonwealth’s federally funded Coronavirus Relief Fund to various programs across the state.
The legislation included the creation of a dedicated rent and mortgage assistance program to help those whose livelihoods have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Renters and homeowners who were financially impacted by the economic slowdown related to the coronavirus pandemic will be able to access applications for rent and mortgage relief starting June 29. Please see below for more information:
- Applications can be found below the red ‘CARES’ banner at www.phfa.org
- Fact sheets and FAQ’s are available.
- Assistance is available for both renters and homeowners.
- There are partnering organizations in all 67 PA counties.
- Completed applications will be accepted starting July 6th and will close September 30th.
- Call center is available M-F 8:00am – 5:00pm (please refer all questions to PHFA).
- Funds must be distributed by November 30, 2020.
To qualify, one must:
- Be a resident of PA.
- Have verified income up to (and not exceeding) 100% of median county income in the county in which your rental (or home if choosing mortgage support) is located.
- Income lost must be greater than 30% since March 1st. This must be proven & verified.
- Be behind in payments.
Maximum financial support:
- Up to $750 / month per person per lessee for up to 6 months.
Find other relevant details at: www.phfa.org/forms/press_releases/2020/phfa-caresfundingreminder-final-06262020.pdf